390 Clyde Ross Drive
Monticello, AR 71655
Monticello School District will be closed Monday, January 15, 2018 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and will resume normal hours on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 .
Monticello High School Announces New Inclement Weather Procedures
5 December 2017
Monticello School District Superintendent Sandra Lanehart recently announced state approval for the new inclement weather procedures for all schools in the district. If Monticello School District students are out of school for inclement weather (e.g.,snow days), they will no longer have to make them up at the end of the year if they follow the new procedures. This new change comes after the state allowed school districts to propose an alternative make-up policy for up to five days missed for inclement weather.
Each campus in the district has adopted its own procedures for handling the days missed (up to five). Teachers at Monticello High School have created assignments students will have to complete at home during the days missed. All students will be given a paper copy of the assignments on December 12. These assignments should be taken home and kept in case of inclement weather days. Also, some teachers have made assignments available to students on Google Classroom and can be accessed through technology if available. An assignment log is attached to each set of materials, and students will have to log their time spent on the assignments. According to information found on the assignment log, “Students will be counted present if they turn in all completed assignments as well as the assignment log signed by both the student and guardian.”
Teachers will be available for a portion of each day in case students need help with the work. According to information in an email from Susan White, MHS principal, “Teachers will be available for a portion of each day via technology (email, google classroom, etc.) from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the days missed.”
- December 12 - MHS students will be given take-home packets for each class
- Packets should be kept, so they can be utilized when needed
- Some teachers have posted assignments on Google Classroom
- Packets will have to be completed and returned if inclement weather days are taken
- Teachers will be available via technology
Letter to Parents: Alternative Methods of Instruction
- Students riding to school in a car should be dropped off or unloaded in the student drop off area (Circle Drive in back of school which is adjacent to the student parking lot).
- Students, who are being picked up after school, should also load the cars in this area.
- Students should NOT be dropped off at either end of the high school building NOR in the traffic patterns of the buses (between the high school & cafeteria).
- Having this drop off & pick up area on the NORTH SIDE of the building is for the safety of the students.
2017-2018 MHS After-School Schedule
1. All MHS students are encouraged to attend.
2. After-School begins Monday August 28, 2017.
3. If your student wants to ride the After-School bus and permission slip must be picked up in the office and returned ASAP.
4. For more information about what activities are offered, please see the MHS website and/or facebook pages.
5. Bus forms must be picked up from the MHS office and returned ASAP if your child will need to ride the after-school bus.